Recipes are endless online! How do you know which salad recipes will help lose weight while meeting with a personal trainer though? Read this blog as a start.
I'm assuming that your personal trainer is guiding you with Dr. Fuhrman's philosophy: Eat nutritionally dense meals! Many personal training clients automatically turn to salads as a first step. If you're like me, you'll be burned out on a bowl of lettuce by day 3. To liven up you plate of veggies, choose 1 ingredient from each category to create a new combination every day. Keep your calorie count around 300.
• Lettuce (lettuce doesn't need to be the main part of the salad): Romaine, watercress, endive, spinach, mixed greens, oak leaf, red leaf, green leaf, iceberg
• Vegetables: Celery, beets, carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms, green beans, red onion, sauteed brussels sprouts, zucchini
• Tomatoes: Beefsteak, cherry, grape, currant, heirloom, pear-shaped, purple, plum
• Fruits: Apples, oranges, pears, grapes, raisins, craisins, strawberries, bananas, pineapple
• Nuts: Peanuts, almonds, cashews, Brazilian nuts, hazelnuts, pecans, pine nuts, pistachios, walnuts
• Meats/Seafood: Cooked chicken, tuna, cooked lean beef, crab, shrimp, cooked lean pork
• Beans: Black, kidney, white northern, pinto