The Michael Moody Fitness Scholarship is a college scholarship of $1,500 awarded to a high school senior, undergraduate, or graduate student who has demonstrated outstanding achievement, participation and leadership in school activities and work experience, and interest in pursuing a career in the health and fitness related fields. The student may apply and use the money for education-related expenses, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, and board. The scholarship is sponsored by Michael Moody Fitness.
The 2018 program will be accepting scholarship applications from August 2nd, 2017 until 1,000 scholarship applications are submitted or July 15th, 2018, whichever comes first. Your scholarship application MUST be one of the first 1,000 submitted by the deadline date. The scholarship is still available...We have not received 1,000 applications yet!
Who is eligible for a Student Scholarship?
Applicants to the Michael Moody Fitness Scholarship must:
- Be United States citizens or legal residents living or claiming residency in one of the 50 united states, Washington, D.C. or Puerto Rico.
- Be current high school senior, undergraduate, or graduate students who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2018-2019 academic year.
- Demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidenced by outstanding achievement in school, and participation and leadership in school activities and work experience.
- Demonstrate interest in pursuing a career and enrolled in the following majors: Athletic Training, Psychology, Biology, Kinesiology, Nursing, General Medicine, Dentistry, Behavioral Sciences, Personal Training, Physical Education Teaching and Coaching, Health and Physical Fitness, Exercise Science, Sports and Recreation Management, Health Sciences, Physical Therapist, or another related major.
What will be awarded?
The Michael Moody Fitness Scholarship must be used for education-related expenses for undergraduate or graduate study only. The one (1) recipient receiving the $1,500 scholarship award must use it during the 2018-19 academic year.
How do I apply?
To begin, click on the Apply for a Scholarship link at the bottom of this page.
Students should gather the following information needed for the application process:
- Details of outstanding achievement in school
- List of involvement in school and community activities
- List of work experience
- Current high school or university cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 or 5.0 scale
Only electronic scholarship applications received through the above process will be considered. Paper copies of applications, resumes or other materials will not be accepted.
Information received is considered confidential and is reviewed only by Michael Moody Fitness. No additional contact will be made unless additional documents are needed and/or the applicant is a finalist. No information is collected from the site visitor.
Are any documents required?
No documents are to be sent to Michael Moody Fitness at this time. Scholarship applicants selected for further consideration will be notified by email to submit high school or university transcripts and an applicant appraisal confirming the academic achievement. Do not send any materials until invited to do so.
When is the program open period?
Only the first 1,000 scholarship applications will be considered. If the program reaches 1,000 scholarship applications before the deadline date of July 15th, 2018, then the program will automatically close. Your scholarship application MUST be one of the first 1,000 submitted electronically.
How are recipients selected?
Selection of recipients is a two-stage process. The first stage will be the selection of finalists.
Primary consideration will be given to the applicant’s non-academic outstanding achievement as described in the online scholarship application essays when selecting finalists. The achievement may be a long-term achievement, an activity or a project that occurred in their school, in the community or the workplace. Other extracurricular activities in school and community, work experience, and the applicant's academic record over the past four years will be considered when selecting finalists.
Finalists will be notified by email and asked to submit further information including a current transcript of grades and an appraisal from an unrelated adult who is closely involved with your achievement and knowledgeable about your accomplishments. The primary consideration of recipients will be given to the finalist’s demonstrated achievement as reported on the application and supported by the appraisal completed by an adult who is not related to the applicant.
All finalists and recipients are selected by Michael Moody Fitness. All decisions are final and are not subject to appeal. The program is competitive; not all applicants will be selected as finalists; not all finalists will be selected as recipients.
How and when will I be notified?
All applicants will be notified of their status via email in early August 2018. The email address on file must be active and you must check your email regularly. Finalists will receive instructions regarding further documentation required for recipient selection.
How and when are scholarships paid?
Payment is made in one installment in August, 2018.
Revival Fitness LLC issues checks on behalf of Michael Moody Fitness.
Checks are made payable to the school for the recipient’s account.
Michael Moody Fitness reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.
Questions about the scholarship application process?
Meet Jared Buntin
2017 Michael Moody Fitness Scholarship Winner
“I'm a senior in the athletic training program at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. I chose this career path because I wish to meaningfully help others and make a positive impact in their lives. I initially became interested in the athletic training/healthcare fields when I experienced multiple sports injuries in high school. I quickly became fascinated with the rehabilitation process. I hope to further extend my knowledge and skillset in rehabilitation by pursuing this degree. My career goals: To enjoy my job, be proud of what I do, and have a little fun along the way. I hold a simple philosophy: “Try to do your best in all that you do.” My loving parents have lived and taught me this simple motto, and it has yet to let me down.”
Michael's book Redefine Yourself is the perfect introduction to the self-improvement world in a palatable, easy way. It offers an honest and simple approach that helps you:
· Reach your personal and professional goals.
· Find happiness in your job again.
· Optimize your physical, emotional, and mental self.
· Live a happy and fulfilled life.
· Face your fears.
· Extinguish your insecurities.
· Gain more control over your life.
· Approach new problems with confidence.
· Define your purpose.
· Check off your bucket list and more!