The perfect wedding shape has never been easier to access! Health tips everywhere! Personal trainer gyms on every corner in Chicago! Unfortunately, you can’t find the motivation to run into a fitness center with endless nagging wedding decisions: What color are the bridesmaid dresses? Why isn’t you’re husband helping? This is a full time job!
How do you motivate yourself to lose those extra 5-15lbs before the big day? How do you rid yourself of self-sabotaging habits in this time of stress…..I mean happiness?
Never underestimate the power of the mind while personal training in Chicago. Your mind will take you from the couch to the gym or make you run when you’re tired.
Unfortunately, your best friend is your worst enemy. It makes you salivate when walking past a candy bar and urges you to finish a chocolate cake.
Besides your muscles, train your mind to become stronger willed. Pay attention to these weaknesses of your mind: The need to “wait till later” but never get it done or “just one more bite” but never stop eating.
Don’t be afraid to yell at yourself! It’s your body and it’s time to look your best. If you can’t overcome this influence, do the next best thing….trick your mind.
We are creatures of habit and it’s time to reverse your primitive eating and fitness habits – or, maybe, non-habits in this case. Here are six ways to combat your evil, inner self:
• Whenever you crave ice cream, substitute it with frozen fruit. You’ll satisfy your craving for a frozen sweet while reducing calories and fat.
• Picture your stomach expanding when eating. Take your time while eating and enjoy the taste of each bite. Once you feel a little “stuffed” or satiated, picture your stomach expanding outward with every additional bite (a visualization most people don’t want-especially in a bathing suit). Your body only burns off the calories so fast (unless you run in place at the same time-not recommended). If you think you’re still hungry, wait 60 minutes and reevaluate. Once the food is digested, you might find that you were no longer hungry after all.
• Buy all new undergarments for your sessions with your Chicago personal trainer. Anytime you wear a new dress or shoes, you feel great….almost like a new person. This association is powerful and can help your efforts in the gym. Buy new undergarments specifically for your workouts. You’ll feel like a new, energized person in the personal training studio.
• When self-critical, remind yourself that your perception of reality has been slightly skewed before ( i.e. believing in Santa Claus). Your misperception may result from your lack of understanding, misjudgment, or, simply, lack of sleep. Realize this, have faith in your hard work, refocus and try again tomorrow.
• Always leave at least one bite of food on the plate. Growing up, your mother told you to finish everything on your plate. Unfortunately, your mind is now trained to continue eating during a meal whether or not your stomach is full. It takes practice, patience, and time to undue this habit. Leave the last forkful of food on the plate and toss it in the sink. Out of sight and out of mind. Eventually, you’ll learn that finishing dinner means stopping when no longer hungry.
• Establish a set time each day for exercise (whether you're with a Chicago personal trainer or not). You are a creature of habit and routine is most important. Build a mental association between a time and an activity. If you exercise every day at noon, you’ll develop a mental script that will push you when unmotivated. Take the decision process out of the equation and make it a scheduled habit. You might be less likely to talk yourself out of it.
Tricking your mind is not an easy task. Like a sport, you must practice to become proficient. Practice these tricks while personal training and they will develop into habits. Frequency is key! Don’t allow yourself to hold you back from becoming something greater and, most important, looking your best on your wedding day. Exercising and being mindful of your diet will help you lose weight. Understanding your body, though, will sustain a lifetime of less weight and better habits.